Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Book

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kazmi-bilal-123

kazmi-bilal-123

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:05 AM

Hello everyone, has anyone happen to read any any interesting book lately, if yes, then please give me good feedback.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:22 AM

I don't know your genre preferences but I inhale drama and suspense. Authors like Clive Cussler's newest Grey Ghost, other authors like Dale Brown, Dan Brown, James Rollins and Steven Koontz.  Almost a weekly release of new books.  I also use BOOKBUB and get loads of free "first volume" releases from new authors, just to see if I like their style.

#3 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:18 AM

I've been reading a lot of Agatha Christie lately.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#4 r.a.d.

r.a.d.

• Members
  • 705 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:23 AM

Being this is your first post, welcome. :)

Like mjd420nova's inhaling, we also voraciously consume books, all authors he listed and others to numerous to list. Mostly fiction and interesting non-fiction & some historical.

Occasionally there's an exceptionally memorable one and in that category I'll mention 'I Am Pilgrim' by Terry Hayes:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Pilgrim

Edit/add, Though my wife has a small kindle-type device, we prefer the real thing (sorry trees) as they have no batteries that need re-charging.

Edited by r.a.d., 23 July 2018 - 11:36 AM.

Bleepin' desert rat retiree in climes yet to fry brains (knock on cactus).

Past climes/best friend:  photo-91.gif

#5 PerspectiveObjective

PerspectiveObjective

• Members
  • 350 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:13 PM

' Wool '  .... This one was about people stranded in a missile ? or such GIANT silo that was expanded/built on more Levels down below... They've been there for years and as a set numbered group only some can have children if, IF !! they are lucky to draw the lucky fair ticket that year or some such.   Also if someone wigs out they are sent outside but ! -- they are given proper suit and wool to clean the sensor and ALL the camera lens for everyone inside, if they want.

' The Wise Man's Fear ' -- Author is exceptionally slow in bringing another book out, a busy Patrick Rothfuss.

Edited by PerspectiveObjective, 24 July 2018 - 11:47 AM.

Oh those are really nice, where`d you get them done at? YOUR NAILS SILLY! Banter/Wit is a primary member requirement to colossal project solution.  Not to toot my horn......          (                (        (       (     :trumpet: but, who else will!? teeehehehehehheeee!~~~8 : P Additionally::: "Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoga

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,005 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:13 PM

Eric Flint's 1632 series, very well written alternative history set mainly in the Germanies of the 30 Years War.

Any of Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' novels, they are almost all screamingly funny to the extent that my wife objects to me reading them in bed !

Or, if you like your fantasy a little 'heavier', Iain M Banks 'Culture' novels.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users