Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Intensify The Color Of The Text On My PC?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nicol_Bolas

Nicol_Bolas

• Validating
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:54 AM

Hello :)

You all are my last hope.

Do you know how when you are searching for info and in the search results and the text for various websites is purple and not blue to let the person know that they have already clicked on that site before? My problem is that the purple is too faint and I have a hard time distinguishing between it and the standard blue color. I asked this question on the Microsoft Community, but with no luck. Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.:)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dhagerjohns

dhagerjohns

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:28 AM

It would be very helpful to know which browser you use.

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,984 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:47 AM

Among other things to try, I recently have been testing Monitor Settings.  Some monitor have settings for this type of thing.  Some will have different Standard choices for color quality.  Gaming, Movie Watching etc.  Or the standard Contrast, Tint etc.  Though this may not be your issue.

When starting a Thread I always post my specs if I think it is pertinent.  Below is a tutorial that will help others help you.

Speccy Tutorial dc3

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:46 PM

This is a browser specific setting, so the browser you are using would be helpful.

You could also try increasing your monitor's Scaling.

Right click a blank space on your desktop and select Display Settings

Scroll down to Scale and layout and increase from the current percentage to a larger percentage.

This change will affect everything on that monitor.  It is possible to have a different setting for each monitor.

#5 Nicol_Bolas

Nicol_Bolas
  • Topic Starter

• Validating
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:24 PM

Please accept my apologies. I'm using chrome. My computer is an HP all-in-one desktop with no external monitor adjusting buttons and such.

#6 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,984 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

No apologies necessary.

The Speccy Chart is very good for a forum type diagnosis as we can see all the hardware and software.  But you may have success with Kilroy's suggestions. 

The other thing that would be important would be the Exact Model number of the pc in question, and may be easier than running Speccy but may not tell as much about your situation. 

Is Chrome up to date?

Was this computer upgraded to Windows 10 from another OS? 

What kind of graphics Card?  Did you ever accept a Graphics Card Driver from Windows Update? 

Did you ever install any Themes?

Really to many questions IMO, so if you can pull it off learn to use the Speccy Tool.  While this may be browser specific, it's hard to tell from my point of view.

You may try this but I don't have it in Windows 7 with newest Chrome.  Don't know if this is Windows 10 Specific or not:

chrome://flags

and set #enable-color-correct-rendering to disabled.

Or

#force-color-profile to sRGB

Edited by pcpunk, 23 July 2018 - 03:32 PM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#7 dhagerjohns

dhagerjohns

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:40 PM

You may want to give this Chrome Extension a shot.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/color-links/hiponeioelghhaljfflaaflpccedbdem?hl=en-US

#8 Nicol_Bolas

Nicol_Bolas
  • Topic Starter

• Validating
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:42 PM

No apologies necessary.

The Speccy Chart is very good for a forum type diagnosis as we can see all the hardware and software.  But you may have success with Kilroy's suggestions. 

The other thing that would be important would be the Exact Model number of the pc in question, and may be easier than running Speccy but may not tell as much about your situation. 

Is Chrome up to date?

Was this computer upgraded to Windows 10 from another OS? 

What kind of graphics Card?  Did you ever accept a Graphics Card Driver from Windows Update? 

Did you ever install any Themes?

Really to many questions IMO, so if you can pull it off learn to use the Speccy Tool.  While this may be browser specific, it's hard to tell from my point of view.

You may try this but I don't have it in Windows 7 with newest Chrome.  Don't know if this is Windows 10 Specific or not:

and set #enable-color-correct-rendering to disabled.

Or

#force-color-profile to sRGB

I understand. There are many questions required in order for you to nail the problem. I truly appreciate everyone's help and later on I will start trying the suggestions given here. By the way, what the hell is a speccy tool? lol

#9 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

Speccy is a utility produced by Piriform and available as a free download from BC.

It provides an overview of the hardware and OS on your computer and is quite detailed in some areas. It details mobo, RAM, storage and ancillaries such as network cards, printers and so on. On the oS side it details the version and build, lists installed updates and which services are running and stopped. On top of that it provides a URL which can be copied/pasted into a post so that others can have a look at it. It is a very useful diagnostic tool and the URL contains no personal information.

Chris Cosgrove

#10 Nicol_Bolas

Nicol_Bolas
  • Topic Starter

• Validating
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:36 PM

Once again, thank you all very much for taking the time to help.

#11 Nicol_Bolas

Nicol_Bolas
  • Topic Starter

• Validating
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:00 PM

Thanks a bunch! It works great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users