Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Supply Enermax pro87+ - Odd behavior

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nousndthem

nousndthem

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:17 AM

Greetings, ( Enermax pro87+ Power Supply Odd behavior )

Occasionally, when pressing the power button on the case the PC won't show that it is beginning to power up.
The power light might come on for a split second but then go off.

Switching off the PS and then back on usually cures it. This has been going on for more than a year but only happens about once a month on average.

However,
Tonight it happened again, I let it stay off without switching the PS on and off,
and I thought to put a power supply test on it, but I needed to do something else first before testing.

Then on it's own -
10 minutes or more later, it just booted up without me once again hitting the power button.

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thank you!

Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:26 AM

When power supplies begin to fail, they can exhibit all manner of faults.  When a PS shuts down for whatever reason and the power is not removed, the fault may eventually clear itself and attempt to restart.  This could be a hazard as if left on and unattended, the PS could attempt a restart and fail, spectacularly, as in starting a fire within the unit.  Fuses and breakers should remove power if current ratings exceed the device limits.

#3 nousndthem

nousndthem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:23 PM

When power supplies begin to fail, they can exhibit all manner of faults.  When a PS shuts down for whatever reason and the power is not removed, the fault may eventually clear itself and attempt to restart.  This could be a hazard as if left on and unattended, the PS could attempt a restart and fail, spectacularly, as in starting a fire within the unit.  Fuses and breakers should remove power if current ratings exceed the device limits.

Thank you.
I have a new spare and I'll replace this one asap.

EDIT: Replacement done.

Edited by nousndthem, 24 July 2018 - 09:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users