Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC restarts twice while playing game but now it never turns ON

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jaggyloving

Jaggyloving

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:31 AM

Yesterday, I was playing fifa 17 and system restarted twice and third time I finally shut it down. But when I tried turning ON my PC it doesn't turns on. I have removed battery, RAM, graphic card, and put them on motherboard back but still it doesn't turns ON. All the fans and CPU fans and motherboard lights turns on for 2-3 seconds and then it goes off. After 3-4 seconds it again tries to ON by self but still it doesn't turns ON.

Kindly assist.

I have attached a ZIP file which contains the video so please kindly check and assist

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,826 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:17 AM

That's a typical power supply failure.

#3 Jaggyloving

Jaggyloving
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:39 PM

That's a typical power supply failure.

Are you sure? Did you see the video?

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,826 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:30 PM

The PS circuits have protection circuits to prevent it from damaging anything should voltages or current exceed their specs.  This looks like wht the PS is doing, powering on, sensing eother an over voltage or a short and shutting down and restarting.  Removing all but essential memory and cards, see it it still fails.

#5 Jaggyloving

Jaggyloving
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:08 PM

Hello friends,

Actually I have checked with local technician. When he tested at his shop my pc got ON. Fans of graphic card did run at the time of boot and later on it stopped. 

So now I tried running the game (Fifa 2017 & WWE 2K18) it got restarted. So I tried the same thing for 2-3 times. 

The strange thing I noticed was that fans of graphic card was not running at all which was causing my PC to restart. So, the technician used another graphic card but this time fans were running continuously from boot to idle desktop. So now when I runned the game it got restarted again.

So now it was the PSU to be tested. He changed the PSU and now restarted the PC. My PC did boot up and now when I executed the game the thinghs were PERFECT!!!!

The fans of graphic card was also running along with the game and PC worked fine.

So it was the PSU that was causing the issue and i has to be changed.

So please let me know do you all think it was PSU's issue or may be any voltage up-down has caused the issue. I also have UPS where the plugs of my monitor, CPU and 2.1 speakers are connected. Is this may be the issue that UPS might have failed or UPS could not take the load??

Because from last 2 days I have been testing my UPS by turning OFF the plug of wall mount the light goes red and my CPU also gets restarted which means the battery of UPS is not taking the load of my PC.

Kindly suggest !!!!!!!

#6 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,826 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:40 PM

Well, spikes on the line from a UPS not taking up the load quick enough, as when the batteries are weak, causing a gap in the voltage, enough to restart the power supply.  Repeated interuptions can cause power supply failures.  The faulty UPS could have also failed to provide a clean sine wave, usually degrades to a square wave and that's not good.

#7 Jaggyloving

Jaggyloving
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:01 AM

Well, spikes on the line from a UPS not taking up the load quick enough, as when the batteries are weak, causing a gap in the voltage, enough to restart the power supply.  Repeated interuptions can cause power supply failures.  The faulty UPS could have also failed to provide a clean sine wave, usually degrades to a square wave and that's not good.

Yes, thanks for your assistance.

Yesterday I did check only my monitor through UPS and UPS couldn't take the load so in that case the battery is gone. So changing the battery will do for me, right?

Secondly, I had Masterwatt lite series 500 on replacement they gave me Masterwatt 500, so is it the same thing? They told that lite series has been obsolete is it true?

Can somebody please let me know the launching  sequence of coolermaster 500w PSUs like MW lite series 500W, MWE 500W, elite series etc !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users