Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Micro-Stuttering for 5-10 minutes after booting / internet also very slow

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jymyblade2

jymyblade2

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 22 July 2018 - 11:35 PM

Hello everyone,

As presented in the subject, after booting up my PC, for about 5 to 10 minutes, i get micro stutters - my pc freezes for a couple of seconds, any youtube video (if any opened) will stop when the freeze occurs, and then continue when it gets back up. In addition to this, if I open Chrome after I boot it up, i have to wait for like 5 minutes to get the pages working, because in the beginning they simply won't load. After those 5 minutes, they start to slowly load, and after 10-15 minutes, everything works without any problems (the stuttering dissapears, and every Chrome page loads as expected). Can anyone help me?

Please also note that I recently upgraded my CPU, RAM and Motherboard. Until this, I never had any kind of problem of this kind. After changing the parts, and completely reinstalling windows from scratch, the problems started.

I attached the Sysnative BSOD Dump + System File Collection App and you can find me specs here http://speccy.piriform.com/results/idMs4x84sCekLmzQPJQ8XUb .

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:12 PM

Did you update all the motherboard drivers after reinstalling Windows? Your attachments are missing?

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

#3 jymyblade2

jymyblade2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:42 AM

I attached the files now, I don't really know what happened there. Also, I updated all my drivers accordingly, that was the first thing that came to my mind, and still, this issue happens. The strange thing is that for example, if I go to a site that I have never went before, the page loads very slow. After it completely loads, if I enter again in the same day, it will load blazing fast. But if I enter the same site 2 days later, it is slow again. So I can't figure out what happens. From time to time, when I open my pc I don't get the issue described before, but not so often.

Also, if I restart my pc now for example, and I enter Chrome, everything will be fast, no stutters or slow loading times for web pages. But if I turn off my pc and start it the next day, I might get the issue described.

Attached Files

#4 t3dus

t3dus

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:20 AM

When your computer is acting sluggish have you checked Task Manager to see if anything is hogging up more than their fair share of system resources?

We have had similar issues like this and more times than not something is using up 100% disk usage or cpu usage so nothing else can run smoothly. Since you are using an SSD for what looks to be your system drive though I suspect something is hogging up CPU usage or Memory usage.

#5 jymyblade2

jymyblade2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:37 AM

I checked the task manager, nothing strange, everything works okay. I kinda noticed that somehow I can use Firefox and it work a little bit faster than chrome, but still has the same issue on boot. I noticed now that my BIOS fw is F3, while the latest is F6. I should update this, right?

#6 t3dus

t3dus

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:39 AM

I checked the task manager, nothing strange, everything works okay. I kinda noticed that somehow I can use Firefox and it work a little bit faster than chrome, but still has the same issue on boot. I noticed now that my BIOS fw is F3, while the latest is F6. I should update this, right?

It couldn't hurt. Go through your drivers and bios and make sure everything is updated.

#7 jymyblade2

jymyblade2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:15 PM

Well, i updated my BIOS, and all the drivers that i've got, and the issue is still there. I am trying to access pages that i haven't accessed before, and it just randomly freezes and the internet is too slow. Could this really be a chrome issue?

#8 jymyblade2

jymyblade2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:24 PM

I installed Chrome Canary (since I cannot work with Firefox at all), and the issue seems kinda solved. I access different websites that I never entered before, and there is no stuttering or slow loading, so it may have been a Chrome issue, maybe because of the build or something (even though I used the latest build). I will come back with some feedback in a couple of days regarding this issue, maybe it will be useful in the future for someone else.

#9 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 854 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 01:46 PM

Ack.

Chrome OS ?

Try Windows 10.

The latest version is pretty good.

screenshot_52.jpg

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#10 jymyblade2

jymyblade2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:41 AM

No, I am using Windows 10 with the lastest build. I installed Chrome Canary, and apparently the issue is still here. After 30 minutes of browing, it may be okay, working fine, no stuttering or things like that. But it is very frustrating when I boot my PC and it freezes randomly (for 1-5 seconds), and the pages I open simply don't work... Any ideas guys?

#11 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 25 July 2018 - 01:53 PM

After it completely loads, if I enter again in the same day, it will load blazing fast. But if I enter the same site 2 days later, it is slow again. So I can't figure out what happens. From time to time, when I open my pc I don't get the issue described before, but not so often.

After visiting pages more then one time then they became cached in memory to help them to load faster. Are you possible clearing your internet cache daily that may cause some of this delay?

Have you tried testing using Microsoft Edge or some other browser that is not Chrome related to see if the issue continues? I would also try testing in Safe mode with Networking or Clean boot to see if it is any better.

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users