Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HID Complaint Touch Screen Not Enabled

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LoraHereWeGo

LoraHereWeGo

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:02 PM

Hello people, 

I have a Toshiba Satellite CT55t-B5230. It was a Windows 8.1 when I got it, but I upgraded it to a 10. I noticed that my touch screen wasn't working about a month ago, after a Windows 10 Update, but I didn't have too much time to investigate it until now. I checked it out, looking for the Touch Screen in the HID Complaint, but I couldn't find it. It wasn't until I checked the 'Show Hidden Devices' in the View tab, is when HID Complaint Touch Screen showed up, but it's grayed out. I tried seeing if I could enable it, but that option is grayed out. I tried updating it, it says that the driver is up to date. The Device Status for it says: "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer." It's internal, so I don't know how to reconnect it?

I went on to the Toshiba website and didn't see anything for the Touch Screen driver. 

I have used Troubleshoot Hardware, and it came up with nothing.

All of my drivers are up to date. 

I'm afraid if I were to uninstall it, it won't prompt me to reinstall it, because I did that with a USB driver that my computer was having issues with it, and I have yet to find it. 

Any help? The touch screen function was one of the selling points for me. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 AM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:03 PM

in the device manager remove the driver and then reboot letting windows re-detect it.

if you uninstall it from the device manager it will not remove the files from the computer, unless you check the box on confirmation screen to remove installed drivers from computer.

#3 LoraHereWeGo

LoraHereWeGo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:52 AM

So I went back to see if I could find it, and it has now completely disappeared. 😑

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users