Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nothin but me, a cursor, and a black screen.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ripskey

ripskey

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:13 AM

How i got here:
I was attempting to overclock my cpu using an online tutorial. I must have followed this incorrectly however, because upon attempting to restart I was greeted with a black screen. No logos no nothing. I tried removing and returning the little battery and then after that I used the jumper cable to reset the cmos. After this I was able to access my bios and I restored everything to default, and then bc my msi motherboard does not find my hard drive otherwise, I disabled "2.2TB infinity".

My computer rebooted, the MSI logo came up, the windows logo came up, and then nothing. Pitch black. My keyboard turns on and so does my mouse.

Is there some setting in the BIOS I can change to help me get my computer back? Or will I have to replace some hardware? If so, what hardware?

I have a custom computer, here's what I remember in it:
-MSI 760GMA-P34 (FX) board
-AMD FX 8300 cpu
-GEFORCE GTX 1050 card
-a sad heart
Thanks,
Kinney spins

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ripskey

ripskey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:29 AM

Oh bleep just kidding I figured it out it was stuck on my other monitor I just had to switch it over sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users