Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

All in one repair tool virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 clawler

clawler

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 22 July 2018 - 02:14 AM

I downloaded the Windows All in One Repair Tool on a new usb stick from Bleeping computer / Tweeking yesterday for use at office on a few pc issues.  I tested it on the only PC I could at home, a Windows 10 box and it crashed it right after SFC ran.  I can't log in as the password changed.  The internet connection on the home screen has a red x.  I made bootable USB windows 10 and thru cmd changed utilman to cmd and changed the net user password.  It does not work saying not enough memory resourses available to process this command.  This PC was working perfectly and is now dead from testing the tool.  Anyone have any ideas what kind of virus I got from that All in one download?  I really thought this was a reputible site but I should have listened to the reviews.  Through notepad the data looks encrypted but not sure.  Any help would be awesome!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garioch7

garioch7

RCMP Veteran

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 3,736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:19 AM

clawler:

I would recommend that you post in the Tweaking.com Forum.  Tom Boggin is very active there and he will assist you.

Just by way of interest, were you running the latest version of Windows Repair All-in-One?  The current version is 4.0.23.  Previous versions did have some issues with Windows 10 that have been repaired, so I understand.

Have a great day, and good luck.

Regards,

-Phil

Member of the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2018 - 12:22 PM

I also asked the developer to take a look at this topic and provide some insight.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:24 PM

I asked the developer and he said that if the sfc crashed the computer then the drive has bad sectors drive and a system file ended up on a bad sector. He said to do a a chkdsk c: /r to have it scan for bad sectors, if you have to replace the drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users