Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Let it go

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:18 PM

People discovered how to make metal tools instead of stone tools.

They never went back.

Let it go.

Windows 95 is gone. Etc.

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 beastlyxd

beastlyxd

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2018 - 11:08 AM

Its a feeling of nostalgia and that feeling of I wonder, you cant force people to just forget everything just because its old and obsolete.

#3 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,280 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2018 - 10:10 PM

Well if you are making a retro machine that is not connected to the internet 98 is not a bad option considering that 95 had several issues and ME is total garbage.

I really like projects like LGR's woodgrain 

A really cool retro build

Retro builds are really cool as those making them sure wont connect it to the internet so they will be okay to use for the most part.

But since you used the same title twice here is frozen "let it go" but this time in multi languages!

Dont make me get the klingon version!

Edited by MadmanRB, 25 July 2018 - 10:26 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#4 beastlyxd

beastlyxd

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:00 AM

Ah. The classic woodgrain 486. I still remember watching that video years ago haha.

#5 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:46 AM

I have a vintage W98 machine, and use it for older DOS games that will not run on modern versions of Windows. There is DOS box and others, but sometimes they just won't work or won't work correctly.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#6 Windows10User

Windows10User

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:22 AM

But technology is different. Newer doesn't always = better. There are many cases where MS DOS, Windows NT 3 - 4, Windows 9x, Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista are being used in today's world. Older programs/equipment that are critical for a companies operation, may only work on a certain version of Windows/DOS and in some cases, to a certain patch level. 

But for some, the older version of Windows can bring nostalgia to them. Being someone who was born in the early 2000's I have a nostalgic place for Windows XP and Windows Vista. But for the people who are older then me, they'll have a nostalgic place for Windows 9x, MS-DOS or the earlier PCs. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users