Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ableton Live 9

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ocean77

ocean77

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 21 July 2018 - 02:05 PM

Was not quite sure where to post this question. My wife is putting together a couple songs she has written and she asked me to get her something she could mix with. I picked her up Scarlett Solo Studio and they recommend using Ableton Live 9 as the software to mix. I have installed it along with Plugins, but I am still not able to get anything to come together.

It is a very good program, but I guess it is just to much for me not matter how many tutorials I go through, and that was many.

Could some one please recommend another mix software that may work out? I do have Audacity saved on my computer, but the wife would prefer something different.

Thank you so much.

Tom 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,691 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:28 AM

I assume you're referring to the bundled ProTools | First plugins - perhaps you could experiment with the free recording software:

http://www.avid.com/pro-tools-first

Sonar is now also free software, since Cakewalk was acquired by BandLab:

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

A lot of people also like Reaper, which is not overly expensive, and can be given a good trial before you decide:

https://www.reaper.fm/download.php

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 ocean77

ocean77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 22 July 2018 - 09:36 AM

I thank you so much. I installed Cakewalk and I really like it. I did a small test recording, but for some reason I cannot get any playback sound. I can see that the recording went in, but no sound. I then ran a record test with Audacity and it recorded fine, but also no playback sound. I then unplugged my headset from the Interface and plugged it into my PC directly to test headset and they are working fine. It seems that the Mix software are not producing sound. Checked Mute and they are off. I know it is something small, but I cannot see it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users