Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 does not see my scanner, I can print but not scan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Felix_I.

Felix_I.

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:30 AM

Hello again,

recently after some windows updates I lost he ability to scan with my multi functional printer. Brother MFC-J825DW. I can print (wireless) but cannot scan. The printer is not even showing in the Control Panel but it works, just the scanning function fails. I attached a a screen shot of the Brother Utilities installation Diagnostic.

I went back and forth with Brother for over 2 weeks now, a bunch of uneducated kid, they cant fix it, they had me uninstall and reinstall the drivers 5 times, suggested all kinds of nonsense but the final result is still negative. I am so tired of their support, my printer has lifetime support. It might be a connection or an IP problem as they suggested, but the printing function works flawless.

Anybody experienced with such matters?

Felix

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,019 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:18 AM

In this kind of situation take a look at Vuescan. You printer is supported. The download is available as a trial to test and if you decide to purchase the price is reasonable. This may be a hardware issue with the scanner function. Vuescan would rule that out if it lets you scan documents.

https://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/brother_mfc_j825dw.html#technical-information

One thing you may want to try first. Disable the Windows Image Acquisition Service. Reboot. Enable the WIA and set it to start and Automatic. Try your scanner.

The page is for Windows 7 but the steps are the same for Windows 8

https://computerstepbystep.com/windows_image_acquisition_(wia)_service.html

#3 Felix_I.

Felix_I.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:56 PM

Thank you John, I tried the trick with WIA, did not work. But I like the VueScan work flawless and it is very fast. I am buying it.

Thank you for the info.

Felix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users