Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Invalid Partition Table

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JJJ_Jhony

JJJ_Jhony

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 20 July 2018 - 04:28 PM

Hello, 

I have a win 10 Machine, on re-starts it would show Invalid Partition Table and not boot.

I was told the drive is bad. 

I Replaced the drive with a SSD. and did a full win10 installation form a CD about 2 Month ago and all worked fine. 

Today Invalid Partition Table is back. 

Any Thoughts??

Thanks for any help!!

Joseph

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mason21

Mason21

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:29 PM

Boot to a Windows disk and select "repair my computer" then "troubleshooting" then "command prompt"   type these commands in the command prompt box. (it is best to have only one drive plugged up when doing this( the one you want to run windows on, unplug the sata cable on other drives)

bootrec.exe /fixmbr

bootrec.exe /fixboot

Bootrec /scanos

bootrec /rebuildbcd

exit

#3 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:38 PM

Hi, well running the bootrec cmd's will do no harm, although this has happened on two hdd's the latest being a clean install of win 10.

The most likely problem here is with your BIOS, check that the boot order is correct and make sure you save and exit the settings. Also load the BIOS optimized performance defaults, save and exit.

In some cases a BIOS update is needed, do this as a last resort, since care has to be exercised here, depending on your specs some MB's have a dual bios or easy update, .exe 

#4 JJJ_Jhony

JJJ_Jhony
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:37 PM

Hi Mason

Thank you for this.

The machine is up and running. Can i do that from win 10? or must it be from a CD.

#5 JJJ_Jhony

JJJ_Jhony
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:43 PM

Hi Mason & Jenae

I am thinking I should mentions this machine has 2  external drives attached. 

It is a powerspec that i log into remotely. 

Janae: Thank you for the advice. "Also load the BIOS optimized performance defaults, save and exit"

Load those from where? will i see that in the bois screen?

Edited by JJJ_Jhony, 20 July 2018 - 09:49 PM.

#6 Mason21

Mason21

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:18 PM

You can do it from inside windows 10 by using the command prompt (as administrator) but booting to a Windows 10 disk or USB with Windows 10 on it, is the best way. You can put Windows 10 on a 8 gb flash drive for free. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

#7 JJJ_Jhony

JJJ_Jhony
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:35 PM

Perfect, thank you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users