Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Another: PC boots, shows bios, but "no signal" when going into Windows

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ozil21

ozil21

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:35 PM

i want an advice, 

i have the same problem as mentioned at the top, i tried ''safe mode'' but not worked, still the same black screen (no signal)

NOTE: the computer load normally till the windows logo (as in the photo) then suddenly the screen goes black (no cursor / no signal)
and the keyboard  Verr Num light freeze while the fan and computer still running

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HrcaA3000

HrcaA3000

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:39 PM

Hello,

Welcome to BleepingComputer

This problem can be Windows related or hardware related. Just to make sure that your hardware is working properly, I would suggest you to run ESET SysRescue and if it starts and runs normally then the problem is probably Windows related (corrupted drivers are often causing problems).

ABOUT ESET SysRescue - made by ESET (IT security company)

• A malware cleaning tool that runs independent of the operating system from a CD, DVD, or a USB. It has direct access to the disk and the file system, and therefore is capable of removing the most persistent threats.
  • It has preinstalled ESET Virus Scanner, GParted (tool used to manage disks), file explorer, web browser and more.
  • It can be used to make backup
  • It is often used for troubleshooting

INSTRUCTIONS TO RUN ESET SysRescue (another PC required)

1. Go on https://www.eset.com/int/support/sysrescue/
  2. Download and run Live USB/CD Creator and follow the instructions on that site

NOTE

• Make sure that you do full backup of your USB (if you are planning to run from USB) because creator will completely format your USB (all files on USB will be deleted)
  • If you are planning to run from CD/DVD, you will need a blank CD-R disc or blank DVD-R disc
  • Instructions to run ESET SysRescue are also on that site
  • LINK TO INSTRUCTIONS IN PDF: instructions

Best regards,

HrcaA3000

Edited by HrcaA3000, 21 July 2018 - 12:49 PM.

“Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.” ― Dalai Lama XIV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users