Welcome to BleepingComputer
This problem can be Windows related or hardware related. Just to make sure that your hardware is working properly, I would suggest you to run ESET SysRescue and if it starts and runs normally then the problem is probably Windows related (corrupted drivers are often causing problems).
ABOUT ESET SysRescue - made by ESET (IT security company)
- A malware cleaning tool that runs independent of the operating system from a CD, DVD, or a USB. It has direct access to the disk and the file system, and therefore is capable of removing the most persistent threats.
- It has preinstalled ESET Virus Scanner, GParted (tool used to manage disks), file explorer, web browser and more.
- It can be used to make backup
- It is often used for troubleshooting
INSTRUCTIONS TO RUN ESET SysRescue (another PC required)
- Go on https://www.eset.com/int/support/sysrescue/
- Download and run Live USB/CD Creator and follow the instructions on that site
- Make sure that you do full backup of your USB (if you are planning to run from USB) because creator will completely format your USB (all files on USB will be deleted)
- If you are planning to run from CD/DVD, you will need a blank CD-R disc or blank DVD-R disc
- Instructions to run ESET SysRescue are also on that site
- LINK TO INSTRUCTIONS IN PDF: instructions
Edited by HrcaA3000, 21 July 2018 - 12:49 PM.