Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Device error unsolved

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rambleronthego

Rambleronthego

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 20 July 2018 - 04:15 AM

Hi Please can someone point me in the right direction?

I have this "Unknown device " error that I have been trying to fix for months, I have searched and downloaded and installed numerous different drivers etc to fix but still no joy. always there and does not do any delays or damage but just wont go away.

I have a HP Probook 4530s on Windows 7 Professional and 32bit Operating

Hope that I can find a solution, thanking the internet in advance....

Rambleronthego

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 20 July 2018 - 04:26 AM

It should be the Validity Fingerprint Driver in the Software-Security section here:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-4530s-notebook-pc/5060880

Note: I get auto directed to the Australian subsite, it will probably redirect according to your location.

If you don't need the fingerprint ID, it can possibly be disabled in the BIOS. Of course if you don't need it, it also doesn't matter that it is an unrecognized device.

Edited by Platypus, 20 July 2018 - 04:30 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 Rambleronthego

Rambleronthego
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 20 July 2018 - 04:38 AM

Thanks will give it a try

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users