Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 hangs on all boot options due to bad driver

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted Today, 04:29 PM

If still having problems, lets disable those third party services that start at startup.

Download the enclosed file. Attached File  Fixlist.txt   369bytes   2 downloads Save it in the same location FRST is saved. Open FRST as you did before. This time around, click on the Fix button. A log will be produced in the same location FRST is saved, Fixlog.txt. Please paste this report on your next reply

No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 pleasehelpimlost

pleasehelpimlost
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted Today, 04:43 PM

If still having problems, lets disable those third party services that start at startup.

Download the enclosed file. attachicon.gifFixlist.txt Save it in the same location FRST is saved. Open FRST as you did before. This time around, click on the Fix button. A log will be produced in the same location FRST is saved, Fixlog.txt. Please paste this report on your next reply

Still had problems after the last fixlist. Will run this now and reply momentarily.

#18 pleasehelpimlost

pleasehelpimlost
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted Today, 05:00 PM

Download the enclosed file. attachicon.gifFixlist.txt Save it in the same location FRST is saved. Open FRST as you did before. This time around, click on the Fix button. A log will be produced in the same location FRST is saved, Fixlog.txt. Please paste this report on your next reply

Okay that most recent fixlist made it boot loop.

Disabling amdkmpfd is probably fine, and might even be the solution. It's a PCI control for AMD hardware, and these laptops are all Intel. I can't imagine why that that should be trying to load.

I think the ones starting with 'Cmg' are for the Dell encryption service if I remember right, and I don't think they are needed just to boot. (It's not full disk encryption, it just encrypts common document file types located in user 's profiles.)

If I had to guess, that iaStorF driver probably needs to be enabled. 

Anyway, here is the fixlog:

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version: 15.07.2018
Ran by SYSTEM (21-07-2018 13:45:44) Run:6
Running from e:\
Boot Mode: Recovery
==============================================

fixlist content:
reg: Reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\amdkmpfd /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d 0x4 /f
reg: Reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\CmgPCS /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d 0x4 /f
reg: Reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\CmgShieldFFE /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d 0x4 /f
reg: Reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\iaStorF /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d 0x4 /f

========= Reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\amdkmpfd /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d 0x4 /f =========

The operation completed successfully.

========= End of Reg: =========

========= Reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\CmgPCS /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d 0x4 /f =========

========= Reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\CmgShieldFFE /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d 0x4 /f =========

========= Reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\iaStorF /v "Start" /t REG_DWORD /d 0x4 /f =========

==== End of Fixlog 13:45:44 ====

I think we are getting closer. 

6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

pleasehelpimlost, Bing (2)