Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inability to Access Gmail After July 2018 Windows 10 Update

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 carolyn87505

carolyn87505

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:14 PM

Bizarre issue with Dell laptop after automatic Windows 10 update a couple of days ago.  This morning user couldn't access Gmail, but could access Google Calendar and Google Docs.  Wasn't a browser issue (couldn't access Gmail with any browser on laptop) and wasn't a Gmail issue because she could access her Gmail on my laptop, which hasn't been updated.  Problem resolved when I used restore point prior to update.  Anyone else experience anything like this? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 854 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 PM

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:19 PM

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Nope.

Edited by medab1, 19 July 2018 - 05:20 PM.

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,889 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:50 PM

Another "nope."  And that's on 4 laptops (I haven't been on my tower over the last several days, but it's almost certainly updated by now).

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#4 xrobwx

xrobwx

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

Another nope x8 as 8 of the computers I manage are all in the latest win10 and we use GSuite and Gmail. Hope you figure it out. I Che ked all of them.

7581204627.png

#5 carolyn87505

carolyn87505
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 11:38 AM

Welp, apparently that wasn't the issue because while resolving after restore point, the problem is recurring this am.

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,889 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:07 PM

Welp, apparently that wasn't the issue because while resolving after restore point, the problem is recurring this am.

It would be worth looking on the Google Gmail help forums just to see if anyone else is experiencing this and whether there is a known fix.  You are, so far as I know, alone in this.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users