Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 will not recognize word doc on dvd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Calvinder

Calvinder

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:51 PM

Good day
 I just crated a bunch of DVDs containing different file types .doc JPG,MOV,MP4,AVI. If I try to view the disk on the pc I created them with it will not show the .doc files.

They do not show up in file explorer or if I try to search for them or if I try to open them with word.
If I put the DVD in a Linux or win XP pc they show up.

I am wondering if it is just my pc or any thing running win 10.

These DVD's are for distribution to different people and it is important that they can see them.

Can any one help 

Thank you

Edited by Calvinder, 19 July 2018 - 04:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Calvinder

Calvinder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:58 PM

One more thing I just used Imgburn to create an ISO file of the disk and windows sees the .doc files

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,744 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 AM

Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:59 PM

The fact that you can 'see' these files - and, presumably, open them - in Linux or XP points the finger at either your computer or a more general Win 10 problem. Have you tried any of these discs in a different computer running Win 10 ?  That test would give a more definite pointer to where the problem lies.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 Calvinder

Calvinder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:04 PM

Thanks Chris I thought of that but do not have another win 10 pc at hand and this is kind of time sensitive.

maybe I will run around the neighbors and ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users