Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Speakers Not Working or Detected

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jenjenjen

jenjenjen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:37 PM

Hello!

I have a Dell Optiplex 7010 that I bought refurbished a couple months ago. I plugged in my speakers that day and they worked until yesterday. All I have now is the CPU speaker.

So far I have done the following:

Plugged speakers into my phone - they work

Plugged speakers into all available jacks - nothing

Ran Dell diagnostics - 1 error - CD Rom tray doesn't open. (sweet)

Ran all Dell and Microsoft updates - nothing

Manually checked all drivers - all up to date

Reinstalled Realtek driver - nothing

- Also searched computer for compatible software - nothing

Tried to set speakers as default - Not listed in Control Panel under Sound - Playback

-they are shown under the recording tab if I plug them into "line in" - still no sound, even when set as default with the "listen to device" box checked and system restart

Checked all headings/sub headings in Device Manager - no errors shown

A tech friend said I should have Dell Sound as an option in my Control Panel, but it is not there. I only have the Realtek HD Audio Manager. In "connector settings" the only option is to enable pop up dialog when a device is plugged in.

The only sound I'm getting from the speakers currently is the static/pop sound when I wake up the computer or restart it.

I'm not a computer genius or anything, but I can usually fix simple problems like this on my own. The speakers should be plug and play. Is there something I'm missing? The warranty has expired through both Dell and Best Buy (where I purchased it), and they both want a pretty hefty fee to fix the issue that I can't really do at this time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 19 July 2018 - 06:19 PM.
Moved from 'Audio & video' to External hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users