Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Photo Viewer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mike_Soda

Mike_Soda

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:30 PM

I'm looking for a Photo Viewer for Windows 10 Home 64-bit that's as close as possible to that found on Windows 7. I've tried Microsoft Photos on the Windows Store but once I zoom in or make an image I'm viewing full screen, the other options at the top of the screen disappear & refuse to come back unless I restart the app. I know there's loads of third party programs like this available on the Windows Store & probably elsewhere too. I'd like the communities opinions on some of these though so I don't accidentally get something malicious. Most specifically, I just want a tool to view, zoom, rotate & skip to next photo within that folder. I use Gimp for advanced editing which takes too long to open if I just need to check out an image quickly. So which app do y'all use or recommend?

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.112) | MasterCase Pro 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 violetrose

violetrose

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 AM

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:15 AM

Have a look at FastStone Image Viewer. I've been using it for a few years now, thanks to earlier recommendations here at BC  :) 

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

#3 Mike_Soda

Mike_Soda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:25 PM

Have a look at FastStone Image Viewer. I've been using it for a few years now, thanks to earlier recommendations here at BC  :)

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Thank you I'll look into it!

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.112) | MasterCase Pro 3

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:24 PM

The other obvious alternative is Irfanview ( https://www.irfanview.com/ ), my image viewer of choice. Both this and FastStone have their admirers on BC and they are both excellent viewers. They work in different ways and have a different emphasis in their features. I have tried FastStone but find Irfanview works better for me. I have to view, choose, re-name and save in a different folder a lot of photos and Irfanview makes this incredibly easy.

Since they are both free to download I suggest you try both and see which works best for you.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#5 winklegiumulyn345

winklegiumulyn345

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:24 PM

The other obvious alternative is Irfanview ( https://www.irfanview.com/ ), my image viewer of choice. Both this and FastStone have their admirers on BC and they are both excellent viewers. They work in different ways and have a different emphasis in their features. I have tried FastStone but find Irfanview works better for me. I have to view, choose, re-name and save in a different folder a lot of photos and Irfanview makes this incredibly easy.

Since they are both free to download I suggest you try both and see which works best for you.

Chris Cosgrove

Just tried Irfanview and it's great. Thanks for this!

#6 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2018 - 01:46 AM

XnView?  Briefly tested its use and it was good; several months ago.  Maybe still worth a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users