Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8.1 downgrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rayal49

Rayal49

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:27 PM

Hi,

I want to restore my Toshiba satellite to Windows 8.1Home from Windows 10, due to un-resolvable audio driver problems.

This computer was originally upgraded from W 8.1 Home to W10 Home.

Do you know if I will I need a new license or will original license still work?

Also can I still download W8.1 from Microsoft.

Any help appreciated

Rayal

Rayal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:43 PM

If the computer came pre-installed with 8 or 8.1 then the key is embedded in firmware and will activate once online. Use the Media Creation tool for 8.1. Brian has a guide for a clean install of Windows 10 on the Windows 10 forum. The steps are the same for Windows 8.1. Use the convert gpt command for your clean install of 8.1.

Edited by JohnC_21, 18 July 2018 - 09:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users