Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer becomes worse at gaming after increasing Dedicated video memory

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 not_alex

not_alex

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:20 PM

Computer becomes worse at gaming after increasing Dedicated video memory

I recently did the regedit trick to add dedicated video memory in hopes that it will improve my fps in games.

But after increasing it from 128 mb to 578 mb it became worse (60 fps to 28-30 fps)

Any help? i tried changing it back and deleting the folder used to add dedicated video memory but it didn't work

All answers are appreciated

Edited by not_alex, 18 July 2018 - 08:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 825 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 18 July 2018 - 08:13 PM

Hi, it would help if you told us more about your system, you do have an integrated video card I take it?

How much Ram do you have, what exactly was the registry modification you made?

Did you also modify your bios to reflect this change?

Registry class (display) would also need to be modified,  When you say you undid this how did you do this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users