Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory Error

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 STS-1

STS-1

• Malware Study Hall Sophomore
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:57 PM

Hello Everyone:

I have a hp 8460p elitebook on Windows 10,  and it keeps BSOD with a "Bad Pool Call" error....I swapped out the ram for known good ram, and it was fine for about a week or 2, and now it is BSOD with same error again...Is there a way I can test the the slot on Motherboard that ram plugs into? Any help that anyone can provide is appreciated...Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:58 PM

Memtest86+ Guide-How To's - Overclockers Forums - http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409152

Louis

#3 STS-1

STS-1
  • Topic Starter

• 163 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:33 PM

Thanks Louis, I have already ran memtest and everything passed with no errors, so I am now kinda scratching my head... Is it possible to test the slot itself, or does memtest do that?

Edited by STS-1, 18 July 2018 - 04:34 PM.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:12 AM

usually, if memtest can run on the memory cards without any issue, it indicates theres nothing wrong with the memory.  And bad pool call errors are usually caused by driver errors, not memory. I would try doing a system update first as well as update any and all drivers. If that doesnt do it, if youve added any new software/hardware recently, id uninstall that and see what happens. And if that still doesnt do it, Id try a system restore to a point before the problems started occuring.

Edited by the_patriot11, 19 July 2018 - 10:13 AM.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 STS-1

STS-1
  • Topic Starter

• 163 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:21 AM

Thanks, will look at that next :)

usually, if memtest can run on the memory cards without any issue, it indicates theres nothing wrong with the memory.  And bad pool call errors are usually caused by driver errors, not memory. I would try doing a system update first as well as update any and all drivers. If that doesnt do it, if youve added any new software/hardware recently, id uninstall that and see what happens. And if that still doesnt do it, Id try a system restore to a point before the problems started occuring.Tha

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:29 AM

I believe that the link mentisons testing each slot...not just each memory module.  If the guidance is properly followed, the result is a test of each RAM slot and each RAM module.

Louis

#7 STS-1

STS-1
  • Topic Starter

• 163 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 03:53 PM

Thanks Louis! However after running the scans and checking for updates on drivers, I still having the same issue, any suggestions anyone?

Edited by STS-1, 20 July 2018 - 03:55 PM.

#8 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 20 July 2018 - 04:08 PM

You really should run Memtest for several passes (like 12 hours+); but, another, very useful utility is Nirsoft's BlueScreenView which will let you see a lot more about a blue screen without having to learn the arcaneries:

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#9 STS-1

STS-1
  • Topic Starter

• 163 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:40 PM

You really should run Memtest for several passes (like 12 hours+); but, another, very useful utility is Nirsoft's BlueScreenView which will let you see a lot more about a blue screen without having to learn the arcaneries:

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

24+hours of running Memtest, and no errors....

#10 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:59 PM

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026863/windows-fix-error-0xc2-badpoolcaller

Louis

#11 JayR88

JayR88

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:09 PM

It's Normal and Common with swapping out or just reseatting it, even on desktop same way and boards....the first pass of the Windows Test caught something wrong with my 3200mhz Hynix kit first pass....switched and reseated sticks it went away...

I still think it's rare the Memory Never seen any that actually totally went bad...unless it's still throwing errors and freezing or stop codes whatever etc....Only time could ever really get memory instability was overclocking and overvolting it.

Edited by JayR88, 21 July 2018 - 06:16 PM.

#12 STS-1

STS-1
  • Topic Starter

• 163 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2018 - 03:30 PM

Thanks guys! Customer is coming to pick it up today, so we will see how it goes...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users