Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows won't load past motherboard splash

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 HeyItsRon

HeyItsRon

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:22 PM

Build specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 7

CPU: i7-6700K

RAM: G. Skill TridentZ 16GB @ 3200

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080

Memory: 256 GB m.2, 1TB SSD, 2GB HD

Runnings Windows 10 x64

The build is approximately 2 years old and has run flawlessly since Day 1  I woke up this morning and my computer wouldn't wake from sleep, but the keyboard backlight was on, but not on my mouse or headset.

Turned off the computer and upon turning it back on, the motherboard splash screen to let me into BIOS loaded up, but then said 'Please wait'.  It then went to a light blue screen which then told me to pick my keyboard layout before showing two options, Troubleshoot or Turn off PC.  Went to troubleshoot to let computer diagnose issue, it couldn't.  Tried system restore, it wouldn't work.  Soooo I turned it off.

I have no idea what caused this as it was running fine yesterday.  Any help on what issue it may be or how to fix it, is greatly appreciated.

Edited by hamluis, 19 July 2018 - 05:20 PM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to W10 Spt - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users