Jump to content


 


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.


Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue With Me. In Vba Of Access 2003 - One User Only


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tsubota

Tsubota

  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:10 AM

I have a SQL Server Backend with an Access 2003 frontend (FE). The master copy of the (FE) is stored on a network drive and users copy this to their hard drive to use it. I have probably 50 users and 49 of them don't have any problem. I have one user who copied it over and when she tries to use it, the '91 Object Variable or With block variable not set'. When I debugged, I found that when the global variable is supposed to be set to the value of a field on the current form (using globalvariable = me.fieldname), it wasn't working. This was happening throughout the database but only for this user. When I did a search and replace for the whole project, I simply searched for me.fieldname and replaced with me.fieldname, then everything worked. None of my teammates had ever seen this happen, nor can we figure out why doing a search and replace of the exact same text worked. Has anyone else ever seen this? Any ideas why this happened to only one person? My biggest concern is the next time I make a change and she has to recopy the database (which she did several times before I did the search and replace to no avail), we will have the same problem.

Suggestions/Answers?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

 


m

#2 groovy2

groovy2

  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • OFFLINE
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 11 October 2006 - 11:16 AM

I have had similar issues with other languages, and resolved them in the same manner in which you described, which is basically replacing text with the exact same text. All that we can figure out is that somehow either some sort of unprintable character was added to the string, or the metadata regarding the string within the database was corrupted. It is immensely frustrating trying to chase down an error like that only to fix it by replacing it with what appears to be an identical copy.

I feel your pain. :thumbsup:

EDIT: No suggestions, just a wee bit of sympathy.

Edited by groovy2, 11 October 2006 - 11:16 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users