Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dumbstrucked over HTTP not working, but HTTPS works fine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pankreas

Pankreas

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:46 AM

Good day all.

I need some help and/or advice. Here is some background.

Clients logged a call stating the Internet was not working, which was weird seeing as I was using Remote Desktop and working on the servers.

I proceeded to ask the ISP to check the routers on their side and if something changed, apparently not. From our side we did not change any on the server or router/Firewall. The issue was that any HTTP website not load, whereas HTTPS sites work fine. All other internet related services are good aswell, ie RDP, mail etc.

I should also mention that we had a ransomeware attack later on, but this was after the internet acted up.

I checked the following, rules for ports 80, 443 on Firewall are in place, scanned the DC and other servers with AV, currently running another one.

I tried wireshark, fiddler and can not see anything odd, but I'm no expert.

More odd happenings: I don't think it is an AV issue, because, as soon as I plug in my Laptop on the network, same issue, but if I use my own Internet, no issue. Did the clearing of browsers, but this is not related to any one Browser.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pankreas

Pankreas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:00 PM

Well, just to report back, the ISP Technician phoned me, and wanted to upgrade the rule-set on their equipment, and realizing that there might be an issue, they replaced the Router and HTTP is back. So Odd, or a common issue, not sure.

Thanks 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users