Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with dragging files from data cd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sampc

sampc

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:00 AM

I can't able to drag files from a data cd. There is no problems in other data cds which i have burned before longtime. This particular data cd has this problem, i can able to see the files but when i drag them to desktop or drive, they stop on the half way itself. Is there anyway that i can get those files to my pc ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,989 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:47 PM

Well, it could be a bad disk. Does the file copy if your Right Click > Copy a file then on your desktop Right Click > Paste?

#3 sampc

sampc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 AM

Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:31 AM

Not really, i have tried that before and the result is same. Is there any other way that i could recover those files ?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,989 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:19 AM

If you can't drag and drop or copy paste it's either a problem with the computer or disk. Have you tried doing this on another computer? On the other computer attempt to copy to a USB flash drive.

If the copy fails on another computer then you are looking at a problem with the disk. How old is this disk? You may be able to recover the files using something like Minitools Data Recovery or Easeus Data Recovery where 1GB of recovery is free to determine if the program will work.

A freeware version of Data Recovery would be PhotoRec but the files are recovered in real time and the names would be generic with the proper extension. You would need to open each file and rename accordingly. Also you would need to have enough free space on your hard drive.

https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec_Step_By_Step

Choose none for a partition table.

Edited by JohnC_21, 19 July 2018 - 07:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users