Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 flashh4

flashh4

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:59 PM

Hey gang, i know how & have it disabled the login screen where it pops up with the spinning wheel then goes directly to my desk top without a password ! Is there any way to stop the log in screen from even appearing & have the computer go straight to desk top ??
Appreciate any answers !
Chuck

Sorry if this is not the right  place to post this !!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nunos

Nunos

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:17 PM

Go to Start > Run > Type in Control userpasswords2 then press enter or click Ok. Under Users for this computer: Select the account you would like to auto login. Next Remove the checkmark from the box above it that says Users must enter a username and password to use this computer. Click Apply > Ok > and Reboot.

#3 flashh4

flashh4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:54 PM

Hey nunous you must not have understood my thread, i have done all that & it opens with the log in screen & goes to my desk top ! I am asking for a way to by pass the entire log in process & go straight to desk top from the start button on computer !!

Chuck

Edited by flashh4, 17 July 2018 - 05:28 PM.

#4 flashh4

flashh4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:09 AM

This may not even be possible to do ?? Any reply's appreciated!!

Thanks

Chuck

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,803 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:41 AM

I do not believe it is possible to do anything more than you have already done.

Although, you should still check out:

to see if there's anything in there that you have not already done.

Edited by britechguy, 18 July 2018 - 11:44 AM.
Added link, as there might be some small thing that had not been done already

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

#6 flashh4

flashh4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 06:16 PM

Thanks britechguy, nothing i see would help ! Guess the cuz will have to live with it set as is where it goes to login screen for a few seconds the heads off to her desktop !!

Thanks all for reply's !!

Chuck

#7 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 926 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:04 PM

Hi, no way to change this, it is by design, the ProfSvc  is preparing your desktop, win 10 is fast, mine takes around 2-3 secs until desktop shows, the alternative would be to give you a blank screen, you can shave a little time by not having desktop Icons showing.

#8 flashh4

flashh4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:58 AM

Thanks jeae for your reply ! I thought so but it's always best to see if anyone has experience in these matters ! This topic can be closed !!

Chuck

#9 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,803 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:42 AM

Bleeping Computer does not close topics except under very specific circumstances.  They just "go dormant" after a question has been answered (or, sometimes, not answered when no one has the answer).

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.  Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.

~ Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users