Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 flashh4

flashh4

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:59 PM

Hey gang, i know how & have it disabled the login screen where it pops up with the spinning wheel then goes directly to my desk top without a password ! Is there any way to stop the log in screen from even appearing & have the computer go straight to desk top ??
Appreciate any answers !
Chuck

Sorry if this is not the right  place to post this !!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nunos

Nunos

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:17 PM

Go to Start > Run > Type in Control userpasswords2 then press enter or click Ok. Under Users for this computer: Select the account you would like to auto login. Next Remove the checkmark from the box above it that says Users must enter a username and password to use this computer. Click Apply > Ok > and Reboot.

#3 flashh4

flashh4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:54 PM

Hey nunous you must not have understood my thread, i have done all that & it opens with the log in screen & goes to my desk top ! I am asking for a way to by pass the entire log in process & go straight to desk top from the start button on computer !!

Chuck

Edited by flashh4, 17 July 2018 - 05:28 PM.

#4 flashh4

flashh4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:09 AM

This may not even be possible to do ?? Any reply's appreciated!!

Thanks

Chuck

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,011 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:41 AM

I do not believe it is possible to do anything more than you have already done.

Although, you should still check out:

to see if there's anything in there that you have not already done.

Edited by britechguy, 18 July 2018 - 11:44 AM.
Added link, as there might be some small thing that had not been done already

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#6 flashh4

flashh4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 06:16 PM

Thanks britechguy, nothing i see would help ! Guess the cuz will have to live with it set as is where it goes to login screen for a few seconds the heads off to her desktop !!

Thanks all for reply's !!

Chuck

#7 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 845 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:04 PM

Hi, no way to change this, it is by design, the ProfSvc  is preparing your desktop, win 10 is fast, mine takes around 2-3 secs until desktop shows, the alternative would be to give you a blank screen, you can shave a little time by not having desktop Icons showing.

#8 flashh4

flashh4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:58 AM

Thanks jeae for your reply ! I thought so but it's always best to see if anyone has experience in these matters ! This topic can be closed !!

Chuck

#9 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,011 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:42 AM

Bleeping Computer does not close topics except under very specific circumstances.  They just "go dormant" after a question has been answered (or, sometimes, not answered when no one has the answer).

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users