Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Domain user can not access personalize

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Ortiz

Mike Ortiz

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:52 AM

Windows 10 Pro, is registered, on a domain.  The Domain administrator can access personalize and get into themes just fine, but a Domain user cannot.  What is causing this?  I have had no similar issues with Windows 7 users in the past.  I'm not sure if this will cause me other issues moving forward or not, but I would like to eliminate it as a possibility. Any ideas?   

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 null__

null__

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:12 AM

Create a new local user utilizing the user's domain name and set it as an administrator. It will then grant that user administrative power over that PC.

#3 Mike Ortiz

Mike Ortiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:14 AM

So your saying to have a local user with the same username as used on the domain.  So it's not enough any more to simply grant the user local admin rights?  I'll try it.  

#4 Mike Ortiz

Mike Ortiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:19 AM

Just to be clear, the user in question already had been granted local admin rights, I then created another local user with the same username, and made it a member of the local administrators.  This does not appear to be working either.   

#5 null__

null__

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:21 AM

You must log off and then log back in for it to take effect.

#6 Mike Ortiz

Mike Ortiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:15 AM

I did, I even restarted the machine.  No change.  I'm starting to think something the Win10 installation is mucked up.  

#7 Mike Ortiz

Mike Ortiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:13 AM

Problem does not appear to repeat itself on other clean installs.  It must of been that specific installation as I had several machines all of the same make and model.  Strange.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users