Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thin Client Deny USB Mass Storage Gpo?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 conway784

conway784

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:27 AM

Currently running server 2012 r2. We have Deny Usb Mass storage gpo enabled, but it only works on pc's and not our "Ncomputing" thin clients. Any suggestions on how to deny usb mass storage on thin clients?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:19 AM

Hi,

Check the vSpace Console there is one option on Settings Enable USB redirection uncheck that and it should stop working for everyone.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 conway784

conway784
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:04 AM

Enable usb redirection not available only audio usb redirection. Please note as well that usb keyboard and mouse are attached

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:52 AM

What is the vSpace version? I have v10.5.1.2.63

Maybe its different because of the terminal used! in my case L300, I didn't test if disabling work or not because I need that.

Edit: The redirect should not interfere with the mouse and keyboard because they work locally only USB flash drives and similar uses redirect to install the device on the server.

Edited by SleepyDude, 17 July 2018 - 10:57 AM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users