Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Extreme FPS drop only when an enemy player is on screen in a multiplayer game

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChammyChanga

ChammyChanga

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:52 PM

No matter how graphically intensive the game is, i could be playing at a steady 60+ fps, but only until an enemy player is on screen at which point i drop to 10 fps.

To give an example, i keep the same FPS when playing destiny 2 (at low settings) as when i play League of Legends (also at lowest settings).

I have been gaming on this computer for over a year, and this only started 4-6 weeks ago.

I should also mention that my computer would freeze while playing or after closing out a game, but that issue was fixed when i reversed some over/underclocking that automatically happened to my CPU and Ram, respectively.

I'll provide as much of my hardware specs as i can, although i can't find some specifics:

GPU: AMD FX-8370

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 200 series

Operating System: Windows 10, 64-bit

Hard drive: 1 TB

Power supply: Corsair 550 Watt

If any other specs would be useful, please ask.

[edit]

I also just remembered to mention that my cpu gets up to 60-70 degrees celcius while playing either of these games.

Edited by ChammyChanga, 17 July 2018 - 10:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 techblogger911

techblogger911

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 20 July 2018 - 03:33 AM

I think you forgot to mention which game you are talking about?

#3 ChammyChanga

ChammyChanga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 22 July 2018 - 09:20 PM

I did mention. Destiny 2 and League of Legends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users