Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No BSOD, not under load, PC hard resets

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Buendia

Buendia

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:14 PM

Hello,

My brand new computer has been powering itself off and immediately restarting at seemingly random intervals.

The issue was not always present.

Event log first shows an Event-41 Kernel-Power error on the 21/06/18 which is when I got the PC - I'm fairly certain this was my dad pressing the power button as it's quite a fancy one and he didn't know what it did.
The error does not resurface until the 07/07/18, occurs repeatedly on the 12/07/2018 and then occurs once on the 13th, 14th and 15th of June leading me to believe the issue MAY be recreatable but I have not yet had luck with that. One time I was writing a message on Steam. Another time I was browsing a webpage.

Programs I installed on the 7th June are Greenshot (a screenshot util. that I have since removed) and WinDirStat (WHICH I WILL NEVER REMOVE!!!!!!!!111).

I have been monitoring temps and they all seem to be okay considering the heat here lately, CPU idle temp is around 35C. GPU is about 40C on idle I think.

My Speccy report.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hdY2cUXcMY46NnJmD6kr62u

I appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks!

Edited by Buendia, 14 July 2018 - 11:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dmccoy

dmccoy

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,236 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:49 PM

If it is brand new then you may want to return it to where you purchased it or contact them first.

If you do want us to look at a few things then please follow the full instructions below:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

We are all volunteers so please by kind, courteous and respectful

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

BC BSOD Posting Instructions 

#3 Buendia

Buendia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:59 PM

If it is brand new then you may want to return it to where you purchased it or contact them first.

If you do want us to look at a few things then please follow the full instructions below:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Thanks for your reply.

I am considering that option also, it's just I've already gotten into the full swing of things with it and as it just appeared one day I was hoping it was something on my end.

I have attached my SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip.

Many thanks!

Attached Files

Edited by Buendia, 14 July 2018 - 09:00 PM.

#4 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,236 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:12 PM

I apologize, I misread your title and thought you were saying you are having BSOD's. Any way the additional information may be helpful. Are you sure that the system was not performing Windows updates and then restarting since it is new and may not have all the updates? I will go over you logs and see if it shows anything of interest.

I try to respond in 24-48 hours normally and I am more active on weekdays than weekends. However, sometimes due to my health, family or life it may take me a little longer. If you have not heard from me within 72 hours then please PM me a reminder. 

#5 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,236 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:27 PM

It will be tomorrow before I have a chance to look at your logs. In the mean time try performing a clean boot and see if the issue remains or not.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

#6 Buendia

Buendia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:50 PM

I have not been able to recreate the sudden shut down since writing this post. I'm not sure if it's just a matter of time until it happens again.

Didn't change anything apart from uninstalling a few apps that I installed on the date this started happening.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what to look for in these logs?

#7 dmccoy

dmccoy

• 1,236 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 04:53 PM

I would not worry about then unless it happens again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users