Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with Mozilla Thunderbird

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Juliasdream

Juliasdream

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:14 AM

I have 2 problems with Thunderbird

1. Every now and then it forgets my password. It comes up with a little box for me to enter it but it doesnt always recognize it

2. SMTP issues

I get one of 2 problems relating to SMTP.

I get a box saying "Add security exception. You are about to override how Thunderbird identifies this site......."

or Send message error. Sending of the message failed. This message could not be sent using SMTP...

In both cases I fail to find a solution and give up. I end up removing the account and setting it up from scratch. Happily all my messages reappear.

Ive learned to live with these problems but a frien is having the same problems as me and she is far less computer savvy

I think what we both need is an alternative email client. One that is far less complicated

I've tried Outlook and opera and wasnt too impressed

Back in the day I used to use Outlook Express where all tasks were easy  and all worked well.

Is there not something as good as that?

I would like to keep working with Thunderbird if there was some way of stopping those annoying SMTP errors which I only get with Thunderbird, never with gmx webmail. Same for my friend who uses gmail

Thanks for any advice

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 14 July 2018 - 07:17 AM

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1064217

https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Account-security/Add-Security-Exception-in-Thunderbird/td-p/184403

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users