both sites that have provided have correct previous versions.
Once you get the version that starts on the computer, it disables Chrome updates.
- hide all Microsoft services
- uncheck google services apply and restart.
- google update services
- properties / disable
- to accept
1. Disable Chrome automatic updates using the local group policy editor
With this method you will have to download the Google Update template from this link ; specifically, the ADM version. You can also download it directly from here . Easy, it's safe. We will use it to deactivate Chrome's auto-update process . It is important to note that some versions of Windows do not incorporate the local group policy editor, so if it is not present in your system, you should try another method of this article. We go there with the steps.
Open the Run option by pressing the "Windows key + R" on your keyboard. Type "gpedit.msc" , without quotes, and press Enter
- We are already in the local group policy editor. On the left, select "Administrative Templates" and then "Add / Remove Templates (Add / Remove Templates)" .
- A window will open. Here, you must click on "Add (Add)" .
- You will see a list with all the templates. Select the Google Update template that you have previously downloaded. Add it and click on "Close" .
- In the panel on the left of the local policy editor, you should go to the path: Computer Configuration => Administrative Templates => Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) => Google => Google Update => Applications => Google Chrome . Here, double-click on "Updated Policy Override . "
- This will take you to the configuration page. Activate the service by clicking "Enabled" . Now, in the "Policy" menu , select the option you prefer. If you want to deactivate all the automatic updates but activate the manuals, select "Manual updates only" , but, to deactivate them all, select "Updates disabled" .
- The next time you restart your PC, the Google update service will be disabled. If you want to undo the changes, select the option to allow all updates.
2. Disable Chrome updates through system settings
With this method, we will disable the service that Google uses to find Chrome updates . Once the service is disabled, Chrome should not automatically update unless you re-enable the service. These are the steps to follow.
Press the "Windows key + R" to open the window to run applications. Type "msconfig" and press Enter. The system configuration window will open.
Go to "Services" and look for the following services:
- Google Update service
- Google Update service (gupdate)
- Google Update service (gupdatem)
- You may not find all the services, so disable the previous Google services that appear in the list. To find them easily, you can order them pro manufacturer. Deselect them and click on "OK" to save the configuration.
A confirmation window may appear telling you to reboot the computer to apply the changes. Click on accept or restart it later; as you prefer. Changes will be applied when you reboot the system.
Edited by bles16, 14 July 2018 - 02:46 AM.