Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon MG6350 issues?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 needhelpasusual

needhelpasusual
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:46 PM

Using compatible ones but meant to be good ones as company gave warranty with them. Read a while ago compatible and remanufactured ink cartridges as good alternatives to OEMs ones hence why I am using them.

Send them back in hopes that it is just a cartridge problem.  OEM's will seldom have issues, but once and a while I'll see the knockoffs with issues.  Quality control with the OEM is a little better.

This ones were good from what I read hence why I bought them and much much less than the OEMs which I cant afford.

Big part of me thinks the print head is not damaged.

Ink cartridges dont seem empty which could mean that print head and nozzles are blocked as stated on here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,976 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:53 PM

Inkjet printers have two distinctly different architectures when it comes to the actual print heads.

Some, like Canon, have the print head built-in to the tank carrier and all you are replacing are the ink tanks.  I cannot remember who else does this for certain, but I think Epson does/did, too.  You don't even see the connection pad between the printer and the tank carrier unless you remove the entire print head (of which the carrier is an integral part).

Others, like HP, have the print head carried as part of the ink cartridge, which you can clearly see when the tape is peeled off before installing it.  You can also tell this is the case because printers designed this way have very elaborate connection pads on the cartridge carrier and on the cartridge itself.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#18 needhelpasusual

needhelpasusual
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2018 - 10:46 AM

That is indeed very complicated.

I am guessing whether built in to the printer or part of the cartridge the print head is the most important part of the printer?

I have never really seen a print head as part of an ink cartridge.

#19 needhelpasusual

needhelpasusual
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:15 PM

Really tried for an hour but was unable to get the print head out when watching the video. Can't understand why so complicated.

Also checked the ink cartridges and all but one now seem empty.

Does that mean issue is with ink cartridges and nothing to do with print head? Dont understand if ink ran out why never got a notification like before.

#20 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,087 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:44 PM

The simplest answer here is to just send them back! 

I never said that they were not a good source for ink, it's just the OEM's have better quality control, and once and a while you will get some that don't work either way.  Something don't seem right to me by what you have told us, so again, just send them back if possible and take it from there.  Just tell them that all the ink quit coming out very prematurely.

This ones were good from what I read hence why I bought them and much much less than the OEMs which I cant afford.

You said that they "seem" empty, but what makes you say that?

Did you download and install the Manual so you have it for future use?

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg6350.aspx?type=manuals&language=#

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#21 needhelpasusual

needhelpasusual
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:41 PM

Have spoken to them and they have bluntly said as I have used it for a number of months they can accept any return and nor can they provide a replacement.

Just worried if get new ink cartridges whether will work properly or will drain the ink quickly.

These were the highest capacity ink cartridges and lasted just over 4 months and I barely printed 200 pages in that period.

Checked the ink cartridges and there is a window where you can see the ink but now apart from 1 there is no ink at all in the other 5 ink cartridges.

#22 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,087 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2018 - 04:16 PM

I understand your issue, ink is not cheap, so you will need to decide at this point how you want to proceed.  I've felt all along that the ink was dry, again by a few things you said, and now confirming again you can clearly see this.  If it were me I would get more ink, unless you think it is time for a new printer.  As I think Brian said, these printers don't have a very long life, but sometimes they keep working forever, who knows why, this is always a gamble.  I have an old HP, 9yrs, C4700 all in one that keeps on going, though I don't print all that much either.  I always use HP Ink because I get it for free.  Even when I payed for it I used HP, but at the time didn't know any better, didn't know I could get it cheaper as a knockoff.  Ink sales are a huge scam, but so is the medical industry, whadaya gunna do?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users