Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon MG6350 issues?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 needhelpasusual

needhelpasusual

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:51 PM

Hi

Over the last week or so when trying to print it comes out really faded and cut off and today when I tried to print nothing is printing.

I have taken ink cartridges out and put it back in. Done the maintenance steps yet still same issue.

Could the printer and more specifically the print head be destroyed?

How would I know what the actual issue is?

Not sure if worth paying alot for a new print head or taking it to a repair shop. Can't really afford to nor can I afford to get a new printer.

Any advice would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:25 PM

When did you last replace the ink tanks?

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,737 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:17 PM

From the horrible Canon Manual.

• Check 3: Are the print head nozzles clogged?

Print the Nozzle Check Pattern to determine whether the ink ejects properly from the print head nozzles.

Refer to When Printing Becomes Faint or Colors Are Incorrect for the Nozzle Check Pattern printing, Print Head Cleaning, and Print Head Deep Cleaning.

• If the Nozzle Check Pattern is not printed correctly:

Check to see if a particular color's ink tank is not empty.

If the Nozzle Check Pattern is not printed correctly though ink is sufficient, perform the Print Head Cleaning and try printing the Nozzle Check Pattern again.

• If the problem is not resolved after performing the Print Head Cleaning twice:

Perform the Print Head Deep Cleaning.

If the problem is not resolved after performing the Print Head Deep Cleaning, turn off the machine and perform another Print Head Deep Cleaning after 24 hours.

• If the problem is not resolved after performing the Print Head Deep Cleaning twice:

If Print Head Deep Cleaning does not resolve the problem, the print head may be damaged. Contact the service center.

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg6350.aspx?type=manuals&language=

If that don't work there are print head cleaners you can buy but I don't know if that will work on your printer.  Brian may no more about that than I.  Try the Cleanings first.

Edited by pcpunk, 13 July 2018 - 05:19 PM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#4 needhelpasusual

needhelpasusual
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted Today, 02:57 PM

When did you last replace the ink tanks?

In February.

But I have had no warning the ink levels are running low.

#5 needhelpasusual

needhelpasusual
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted Today, 03:00 PM

I have tried all the cleaning steps on the printer but to no avail. Still does not print at all now.

Checked the ink cartridges and they are not run out nor have I received any warning.

Any idea if print head or anything else is damaged?

Do I need a new printer?

Dont want to spend money repairing it or getting new parts if better off getting a new printer. Nearly had this printer 5 years now.

#6 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,737 posts
  •  

Posted Today, 03:20 PM

Certainly don't sound good.  Are you buying those cheap knockoff ink cartridges?  No, it's hardly worth repairing IMO.  The cheapos work, but sometimes introduce problems.  I always use the official cartridges and keep my settings to use as little ink as possible.  I seen one recently that would not even push out ink lol.  The little slit where the Ink comes out was not even a Slit.  One of those square ones, with the little Slit on the bottom.  I could not even get ink to come out of it at all, and it was new.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users