Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello All - Maybe You Can Help Me.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sydlinglad

sydlinglad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:38 AM

dear all ,

first of all hello - i am new here and hope that you all might be of some help.

i have a blogger page which has got a media.fastclick.net pop-up attached to it - does that make sense.

i mean everytime i go to my blogspot page automaticaly media.fastclick.net tries to open a popup of advertising
which is very annoying - is there any way i can get rid of this unwanted hanger-on ?

my computer is ok as have firefox which stops the pop-ups - but would like to get rid of this if poss.

many thanks - regards - sydlinglad.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:45 PM

Hi sydlinglad,

Welcome to BleepingComputer!

The blogspot you use probably uses ads to provide income for its owner. I have a website on Geocities and they do the same thing when someone opens my page. They have to pay for their services so they give you the space free and let the ad guys pay for it - giving them the rights to advertise anytime anyone uses their page.

If I understand right, you don't have any other "ad" issues except for this so this sounds like the case.

If I misunderstood, just tell me... :thumbsup:

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users