Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trying to upgrade my pc to allow for streaming capabilities too.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TrufflezgarLaw

TrufflezgarLaw

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 12 July 2018 - 03:18 PM

Ive been attempting at streaming video games for the past few months and have been running into lag issues or frame drops on me stream? I'd like to try to run games like dauntless or diablo 3 with a squad if thats possible or other games for maybe in the future. my specs are:

Processor: i7 4820k 3.70 GHz,

GPU: AMD radeon r9 200 series (xfx r9 290 from what gpu-z says),

RAM: 16gb DDR3 

Power Supply: CX 750?

Not entirely sure about the other things in my computer but yeah. Id like to also see about what the best possible replacement is as well as what would be the most reasonable priced is too (middle amount). Thank you for taking the time to read!

Edited by TrufflezgarLaw, 12 July 2018 - 03:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,402 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:44 AM

Without knowing motherboard, it's hard to say if there are any good CPU upgrade options.

If you need new motherboard, you'll also need DDR4 memory.

#3 TrufflezgarLaw

TrufflezgarLaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:07 AM

It just says Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. To be filled by O.E.M. Not entirely sure if this is the motherboard?

Edited by TrufflezgarLaw, 13 July 2018 - 07:07 AM.

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,402 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:17 AM

Sounds like it's OEM machine. Then I wouldn't suggest CPU upgrade so you'll basically need totally new system.

How big budget you have? Can you raise budget selling current machine?

#5 TrufflezgarLaw

TrufflezgarLaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:56 PM

Possibly? I wouldnt know what I could get if i were to try to sell it and go for a better one.

#6 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,402 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2018 - 12:56 AM

What you can get depends on budget. Basically "good" gaming machine for streaming built from scratch (only part prices and OS) cost around $1300-$1500.

Video card prices could hugely drop soon so that's also something to consider.

It's also possible to save some cash using parts from current machine. In that case we need to know exactly what parts current system has.

Edited by Drillingmachine, 14 July 2018 - 12:57 AM.

#7 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:55 AM

Processor: i7 4820k 3.70 GHz,

GPU: AMD radeon r9 200 series (xfx r9 290 from what gpu-z says),

RAM: 16gb DDR3 

** Power Supply: CX 750?

Those specs are fine for both of the games that you mention in your OP, have you considered the possibility of the problem laying elsewhere, a poor internet connection/ISP service, security setting or software conflict etc.

** Just something to keep in mind for the future, the CX range of PSU are only entry level and for a power hungry device such as the GPU that you have I would always recommend an adequately powered Gold efficiency rated PSU.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

#8 TrufflezgarLaw

TrufflezgarLaw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:20 AM

Is this what you were talking about? 

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/1Yosq4nfZHt5lULyHIPXpgO

Also, Id like to stream more games. I tried streaming Fortnite and Realm Royale but  when im watching the stream on my phone, its showing lapsing issues.

Edited by TrufflezgarLaw, 15 July 2018 - 10:23 AM.

#9 PhillPower2

PhillPower2

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 17 July 2018 - 05:07 AM

Yep and there is nothing in your specs that would explain any lag.

Try putting your GPU through its paces with Valley Benchmark (free) which you can download from here this tests your card offline btw.

If the Valley results look good then I would definitely suspect your internet connection/service.

Windows is a recent install, did you install the drivers for the MB once Windows had been installed.

** Noticed that you do not have any AV protection, not a good idea, download a good free AV such as Avira asap.

#10 JayR88

JayR88

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:21 PM

Unless you can find an awesome deal move up to at least the 7700k/good board and good clock/Loop everything....probably still the 8700k. I don't know Threadripper was all on sale too. I would get a cooler board too, they are absolutely doing some awesome stuff with all that.

Edited by JayR88, 20 July 2018 - 06:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users