Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Navida Driver Update Help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SolusUmbra

SolusUmbra

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:16 PM

I turned on my computer for the first time in about a year and started getting everything updated. Everything was going good until I tried to update my graphics driver navida gt 530, and my computer seem to glitch out and I had to force restart, now I get nothing my monitor says its not even connected. I made sure all my cords are connected and nothing lose but still no luck. I hope someone can please tell me there is a fix. Oh Windows 7 sp1 64bit

Edited by hamluis, 12 July 2018 - 08:08 PM.
Merged topics - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SolusUmbra

SolusUmbra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:48 AM

This morning I tried a whole different monitor and a different input cable, graphics card has an older style plug in and an hdmi, tried the hdmi first. And nothing has helped, black screen saying computer isnt plugged in.

Im not sure how but it seems to started working again

Edited by hamluis, 12 July 2018 - 08:05 PM.

#3 SolusUmbra

SolusUmbra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:08 AM

I've got a windows 7 64bit, and a navida geforce gt 530 graphics card. I've had the computer turned off for about a year now and I got everything re updated expect the graphics card. No matter what I try to do, to update it the update fails. Tried it from windows update, the geforce program and from manually downloading from the website. Not sure what to try next.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,742 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:05 PM

What fuels your desire to update the drivers, assuming that the system worked fine before you attempted your updates?

Louis

#5 SolusUmbra

SolusUmbra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:36 PM

I like to try to keep things up to date if I can.
When I first turned it on I was having some graphic issues Im hoping an update will help and that the card is not dying

Edited by hamluis, 12 July 2018 - 04:57 PM.
Fixed typo - Hamluis.

#6 Tallgeese3

Tallgeese3

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:34 PM

As to why the update is failing, my only guess is that there really isn't anymore updates you can do to that system as that's an ancient card and OS. I've also ran into periodical problems getting an update to work with the Geforce program but never with the site which further leads me to believe that the update just isn't for you. But if your hellbent on trying to get it to work my only suggestion is to start fresh and get rid of the current driver with : http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html    .

Then navigate the geforce website and make sure you select your card and os and get the latest driver suggested. With that being said I wouldn't imagine this will do much as a dying card will not magically be saved from one driver update, but best of luck to you anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users