Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Cards Pipe Unlocks

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Vedunga

Vedunga

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:45 AM

Hi there.

I have a nVidia GeForce 6800GS Sonic
-128MB
-DDR3
-AGP
-TV-OUT
-DVI

I heard from a friend that its possible to unlock other pipelines, and have the overclock run well. I know this isent a very good description, but i was wondering, if anyone could link me to a guide, and/ortell me how to do it.

Thanks.
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:15 AM

Here is guide on how to use RivaTuner to unlock pipes, using an 6800GS as an example.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 Vedunga

Vedunga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:33 AM

This is great, but the link to the rivatuner, dosen't take be somewhere i can download the acctual program.
Posted Image

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:24 PM

Linky
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#5 Vedunga

Vedunga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:23 AM

Thanks XD
Posted Image

#6 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 12 October 2006 - 08:50 AM

I'd be interested to know if this works or not. I don't believe that you can "unlock" pipe lines with Riva tuner (could be wrong too!), but I know that you can OC it to a certain point. I tried it on my 6800GS 256mb ddr3 card, and got a warning that changing clock speeds could result in permanant damage to the card.....this immediately scared me away from going any further.

Please post back with your results and let me know how you made out with this! I'd also appreciate anyone else's input on this too!

Thanks! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#7 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:31 AM

I'd be interested to know if this works or not. I don't believe that you can "unlock" pipe lines with Riva tuner (could be wrong too!), but I know that you can OC it to a certain point. I tried it on my 6800GS 256mb ddr3 card, and got a warning that changing clock speeds could result in permanant damage to the card.....this immediately scared me away from going any further.

Please post back with your results and let me know how you made out with this! I'd also appreciate anyone else's input on this too!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Actually you can unlock pipes if you flash the bios. The low end X800's have unlockable pipes, but you could be unlucky and you could be lucky and flash your X800 GTO to a X800 XT and have it work like a charm with after market cooling.

Thye often lock the pipes in the lower variants as they are sometimes not functional or compatibility reason because their not manufactured as precise as their higher end siblings.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#8 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:30 AM

I've heard that you can damage cards by using these utilities too. Although, the chances of actaully doing any unrepairable damage is slim to none, I don't want to take that chance. When I had riva tuner installed, and it said that "it may cause damage to the card".......I screamed like a little girl and closed the program! I think I was more afraid that I'd have to tell my wife that I broke my brand new card that I just got :thumbsup:

I'd still like to know if riva tuner works for Vedunga. Of course, if anyone else can tell me for sure that it worked, and how they tweaked the settings in riva tuner. :flowers:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#9 Vedunga

Vedunga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:26 AM

Omg omg omg omg omg, link to liquidnijas aint working, i cant do it without the guide....noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And for some reason i get fps only at around 10 on dungeion siege 2...which shouldent be happening.
3.0ghz
440gb
128mg 6800GS
512RAM (omg, other 512 screwed *tear*)
Glitches like all buggery.
Posted Image

#10 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2006 - 06:34 AM

You can always use this slightly more confusing guide.

#11 Vedunga

Vedunga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2006 - 08:08 AM

This... is gunna take a while, thanks though, in liquidnijas down permamently?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users