Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Soundcard help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 iAdam

iAdam

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:42 AM

I bought a pair of sennheiser game zero headsets that plug into motherboard and mine is distorted the microphone quality and a slight hiss sound in the sound quality itsself this is the motherboard im using

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370-HD3-rev-10#kf ) I'm thinking maybe i need a soundcard but not too sure anyone mind telling me if its my motherboard the headset itself if i need a soundcard etc?

Headset itself https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-ZERO-Professional-Blocking-Headset-White/dp/B00GXW8358

Headset wire

Edited by iAdam, 11 July 2018 - 03:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:36 PM

Your Z370 uses a Realtek ALC892 which is virtually as good as any addon card you can buy; but, most of the system boards want the Mic plugged into a different jack than the speakers or headphones and use a 3 contact jack. If your headset has a 4 contact plug, it ought to be causing you problems.

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#3 iAdam

iAdam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:03 PM

This is the wire

https://prnt.sc/k5bxho

I just plug into my motherboard into correct ports microphone sounds distorted and hissing noise in ears... not too sure you mean that wire isn't compatible just to make sure? or

Edited by iAdam, 11 July 2018 - 03:21 PM.

#4 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 870 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:31 PM

That is TWO 3 conductor plugs in your picture and that should be what the system board was designed for.  Funny, the MSI page you posted even touts audio noise suppression.  Do you have a pair of speakers you can try and did you reset the Realtek to its defaults in the control panel?

#5 iAdam

iAdam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:05 PM

Ah okay, I think it's because I didn't install the drivers etc for my motherboard I just used the disc now and installed them I forgot i did a reinstallation of windows I'll test them later on or tomorrow but do you think I'll need to buy a soundcard regardless to get better microphone quality or anything? or will this motherboard onboard audio be fine for the mic/audio

#6 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 870 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:06 AM

The onboard audio has, in general, been so close to "high end" audio cards for almost twenty years now that only a true audiophile with very high end equipment would notice a difference.

I would try a second headset before I added a card; though, there is a slight chance (less than 1%) that your onboard audio is defective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users