Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

~Ez Way to move MP3 to IPOD TOUCH Version 2~~Hmmmm

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jake21

jake21

• Members
  • 370 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:45 PM

Struggled with this, and just cant seem to get it. I thought it would be a simple move...but...alas....no luck. I have an older IPOD TOUCH VERSION 2, I want to move MP3 files from my WIndows based Computer to the IPOD to play. I have tried program that supposedly make this an EZ fix such as I  DR. FONE and ISKYSOFT...both would not work. I have ITunes Installed on my WIndows 7 computer....NOW....how do I move MP3 music files on to the IPOD TOUCH?  My sansdisk MP3 player is a simple matter..just move MP3 files form computer to MUSIC folder on the SansDisk MP3 player..that's it.

Edited by jake21, 10 July 2018 - 08:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Welephant

Welephant

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:06 PM

It looks like you have been waiting a while for some help so if you haven't yet found the answer here is how I do "Drag and Drop" using iTunes on a PC. 

• 1. Open iTunes before you connect your iPod. By default, your iPod will automatically sync with your iTunes library. I suggest you change this to manual as it offers greater control. 
  • (To change this, click edit on the bar at the top of iTunes and then preferences at the bottom of the drop down menu.  Another menu will open and you need to click "Devices"  and tick/check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically" then click "OK")
  • 2. Now connect your iPod to your computer using the USB cable. (iTunes is slow but your iPod will be detected and added to the left hand side panel under devices)
  • 3. Expand your iPod (If not already done) by clicking on the arrow to the left of your "device". This will open an expanded list of the main headers: Music, Films, Playlists (If any) etc.
  • 4. Using Windows File Explorer find the MP3 or WAV file etc. that you want to add to the iPod. Its worth making sure you have the track named properly for example "I Wish" rather than "06 I Wish" as the later will be filed under "06" rather than "I Wish" in the iPod song listing.
  • 5. With both iTunes and Windows File Explorer open, find the MP3 or WAV song/album in Windows File Explorer you want to copy to the iPod left click on it and drag across to your device (iPod) listed on the left hand side of iTunes which will now highlight with "+Copy". Release the left click and your song is added to the iPod. You can use the same approach to add a song/album to the iTunes  Main Library. 
  • I suggest you try this with a single song/track first and check to see it gets listed on the iPod etc. Now you are good to go and drop and drag using iTunes. As there is a lot more to using iTunes I'll leave you to explore that app more yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users