Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Device disconnect sound into Pc freezes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bloodphinix

Bloodphinix

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:10 PM

About a week ago my PC started to randomly make the sounds you would know from disconnecting something thats connected via USB. Shortly afterwards follows the connect sound. While this in itself wouldnt be too annoying the real problem starts up during this timeframe cause the whole pc just stops. Input via mouse or Keyboard instantly follow after the Lag stopped. This even happens with nothing connected(like Mouse,Keyboard or Microphone). It seems to happen pretty randomly since it sometimes happens multiple times within a minute and sometimes not at all for like half an hour. Its been getting really frustrating recently and i would really appriciate some help. I just tried to update my chipset driver and i tried to disable every usb port without anything working and im pretty much clueless what makes these freezes happen. Anybody knows what I could do/replace/update to fix this?
Specs incase needed:
Cpu: AMD Phenom II X6 1095T
Motherboard: Gigabyte ga-890gpa-ud3h mainboard
8Gb DDR 3 RAM
Radeon RX 480 Graphics
Windows 7 64

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,645 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:46 PM

This what I would do. You will need to be out of Windows for a minimum of the average time you get this problem.

Download Mint Cinnamon and burn it to a DVD by right clicking the iso file and selecting Burn Disk Image. Boot to the Mint Desktop. You should be able to access the internet. Browse around the web or play around with the OS. If you get the same USB issue then you know it's a hardware problem somewhere in the motherboard. I would then pull the motherboard out of the case and breadboard it. If you do not get the USB problem then there is a conflict somewhere in Windows and you may want to consider doing a clean boot or clean install.

https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3597

Mint only runs in RAM and off the DVD. The hard drive is not touched if you do not write anything to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users