Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Card Powers Down - Tricky!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TomPMorgan

TomPMorgan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:25 PM

Hello everyone,

I have an Asus UX410UQK, I run Windows 10. I use a program to enhance the bass and overall audio called DFX, it makes a huge difference. However, there seems to be a built in power management mechanism on this laptop model that powers down the sound card when no sound is playing. The amplification from the DFX program creates an annoying "pop" sound whenever I play a file or watch Youtube as the sound card awakens. Without DFX, this popping does not occur, but I am certain the power management system works silently. I have a work around for this, I use "Listen to Device" under microphone options, it works, it stops the popping, but it squanders the battery more quickly. My sound driver right now is Conexant SmartAudio HD. I read that there is a registry edit for the RealTek driver to stop its power management system, is there something similar for Conexant? Is there a way to stop this torture? I tried reinstalling Windows 10, reinstalling drivers and so on, I need a nifty solution. 

Anyone chime in would be much appreciated!

Edited by hamluis, 10 July 2018 - 04:27 PM.
Moved from AV Soft to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:21 PM

Im guessing that the sound card was not designed to be powered down when not in use, and when the software powers it up that sudden surge of power is what is causing that "pop" sound. It likely, is not good for your speakers. I would see if theres a setting in the program to disable that power saving feature, or find a different sound program. 

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users