Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Installation error - hp notebook - 14-ac114na

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Neko1491

Neko1491

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:14 AM

I tried to install windows 7 and 10 on the hp notebook - 14-ac114na and the installation was interrupted as i formatted the disks and then cancelled the process, ever since then when i try to install a new copy of windows it says that a required CD/DVD driver is missing and then the installation won't continue until I locate said driver. I have tried everything out there and it still isnt working, i have tried usb, cd and tried to switch usb ports nothing is working any ideas??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:48 AM

Please...post the exact wording of the specific error mesage received during the Win 7 install effort, assuming that these are valid/licensed versions of Windows which you are having problems with.

The specs for that system look as if Win 10 was the original O/S...that being the case, you should have restore capability for any O/S that came with the OEM system.

Louis

#3 Neko1491

Neko1491
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 10 July 2018 - 12:15 PM

Here is the error;

A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.

Note: if the windows installation diisk media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step.

thankyou for replying as fast as you did, yes the original OS was windows 10 however i wanted to downgrade to windows 7 and doing so i got a valid product, however during the installation process i deleted the partitions of the disk and formatted the disk, then created a new partition for it once that was completed i then didnt go through with the installation process instead i cancelled it and turned off the laptop as i  had to leave in a rush, after that i tried installing again and it gave me the error shown, i dont see any restore capability but i have tried it again with a windows 10 installation disk and that didnt work either as it gives me the exact same error.

for the disks i have been using a 2 usb port to dvd/cd drive but i have tried this with usb sticks too and used the Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool provided by microsoft to copy my product over to my stick but that gave the same error

Kind Regards,
hugo

Edited by hamluis, 10 July 2018 - 01:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users