Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why game recording softwares let us record anything?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kyle25011193

kyle25011193

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:03 AM

Why game recording softwares let us record anything? i mean why we have freedom to record e.g any part of the game etc2? why there no drm or pass codes before recording to prevent from recording pirated games?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 839 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 01:21 PM

what?  you mean video recordings?

video recording of game play has nothing to do piracy and the only thing your doing illegal is if you display a trademark logo in your video without permission.   and most game makers don't really care because your advertising their game and hopefully increase sales for them.

so i don't get what your asking.

#3 kyle25011193

kyle25011193
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:12 PM

Is it considered piracy if i record an cracked games? If you know what i mean?

#4 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,060 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:35 PM

Game recording software lets you record anything because it isn't actually recording a game, just recording whatever is on your screen, as far as it is concerned it just captures a copy of each frame that goes to your screen and whatever audio might be coming out of your speakers, it then saves these to a video or live streams them to a website. I don't think we would want to live in a world where recording software first scanned your screen to make sure it approved of what you were about to record, better than it just acts as tool under your control where you take responsibility to use it properly.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#5 kyle25011193

kyle25011193
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:08 PM

Is it my goods if i record my gameplays no one can copy it?

#6 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 839 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:10 PM

it piracy for cracking the game and not purchasing it.  Game play recording is not piracy.  like i said earlier displaying a manufacturer logo/trade mark can get you in trouble for displaying intellectual property without permission.  especially if your making money from displaying their logo's. 

#7 kyle25011193

kyle25011193
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:58 PM

So even i record 5000+ gameplays its fine? Or fairuse must follow? And does recording piracy count as fair use? Thank you for answering!

#8 kyle25011193

kyle25011193
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:09 PM

And its not piracy? But im i safe to record a lot or its true its still infringement? Sorry for asking a lot?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users