Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 400 will not go away

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 KCav

KCav

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 09 July 2018 - 08:25 AM

When I try to start Gmail from Google Chrome browser on one of my notebooks instead of loading gmail I am told the requested URL was not found on this server. Error 400.  What should I do to correct this?

Edited by hamluis, 11 July 2018 - 04:55 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KCav

KCav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:50 PM

problem solved - went to Google Settings, opened Advanced found near the end of the list, changed several items and Saved Changes.

#3 HumphreyBumphrey

HumphreyBumphrey

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:38 AM

Hi,

I am new to the site here.

Could you or anyone tell me how to fix this same problem.  I am using chrome too.  I dont know how to fix it and  I am unable to click into some sites and pages.  This has only just started happening over the last couple of days.  

Thank you for any help.

#4 KCav

KCav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:59 AM

Hello Humphrey,

I like it here, welcome to Bleeping Computers.  Try this:

#5 HumphreyBumphrey

HumphreyBumphrey

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:05 AM

Hello Humphrey,

I like it here, welcome to Bleeping Computers.  Try this:

Hi KCav... There doesnt seem to be any link on your post.  Thanks.

#6 KCav

KCav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:12 AM

Hi Humphrey,

1. click on Google Chrome Settings  - 3 dots found on top right of screen 
  2. go down and click on the option for Settings
  3. scroll down to the last option Advanced and click

I feel Google has become very aggressive and does things you don't need down.  This where you can manuall control what Google does.

#7 HumphreyBumphrey

HumphreyBumphrey

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:28 AM

Hi Humphrey,

1. click on Google Chrome Settings  - 3 dots found on top right of screen 
  2. go down and click on the option for Settings
  3. scroll down to the last option Advanced and click

I feel Google has become very aggressive and does things you don't need down.  This where you can manuall control what Google does.

Hi KCav, and thank you for trying to help me.  I dont know what to do once I am in the advanced bit.

Am I allowed to attach a photo (screen snip) of what notice comes up when I try to get into a site from my normal google search?  I dont know how to attach on here?  

#8 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,010 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:02 PM

Web search engines are very handy for turning up hundreds of sets of step-by-step directions for common faults such as this one:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=google+chrome+error+400

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#9 KCav

KCav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:04 AM

Hi Humphrey,

britechguy is right, Google Search is very handy - the problem with finding the exact solution is the time it takes - I went to Google Advance Settings and started turning things off until Error 400 went away.   In 1955 none of these problems existed -  the world has gone crazy.  

#10 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,010 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:23 PM

britechguy is right, Google Search is very handy - the problem with finding the exact solution is the time it takes 

Several things:

1.  Looking through web search results usually (not always, but usually) cuts down on the time you spend on an issue "throwing switches willy-nilly hoping that something will work."

2.  The vast majority of us who are in the technology servicing business do web searches and start scanning through the results when we encounter issues we have not encountered before because of the time it saves.   Contrary to widely-held opinion, which some tech geeks try to nurture rather than disabuse, we do not "know everything" or have all the answers in our heads.

3.  When we have a problem we've encountered that doesn't seem to have anyone that's put any sort of solution for online, we will post on blogs, in forums such as these, etc., outlining what we did to arrive at a solution.   It's a way of giving back to the cyber community on which we depend and it makes you (for most yous, anyway) feel good to know that you are likely going to be helping someone else avoid tearing their hair out.

I get why people ask questions, as I do, too.  But I generally always do a web search with my favorite search engine to see if that question has been asked before prior to asking it almost anywhere.  When I make the very rare exception to that personal rule, I always preface it with, "I know this is probably out there somewhere, but I'm being lazy and hoping someone knows off the top of their head . . ."

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#11 KCav

KCav
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:52 PM

Gunius is the ability to articulate a question to someone with at least 10 years experience and listening to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users