Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cpu voltage error + Power supply surges error Help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pcdead

pcdead

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:11 AM

Hello guys today when i started my pc showing some strange power supply errors which i had never seen before this is the 1st time in 7 years.

Replace battery and reset bios nothing helps (Desktop)

Lots of error I'm getting :

Power Supply surges detected
Anti -surge was triggered
New Cpu installed > Not installed any cpu
Chassis intrude
Cpu Over voltage Error

Please Check all 4 screens.
Check Updated List - https://imgur.com/a/rK6KovG

System Specs Below:

Cpu : Intel i5 2500k ( No Overlock) Default
Memory :Corsair 12 Gb DDR3 1600 Mhz
Motherboard : Asus P8P67 PRO (REV 3.1) (No overlock) XMP Profile
Gfx :Msi 1060 6GB
HD - WD Black
PSU :Corsair 750 Watts TX Series™ TX750 — 80 PLUS® Bronze Certified 750 Watt High Performance Power Supply
Monitor :Benq

Thank You

Sorry for my english :)

Attached Files

Edited by pcdead, 10 July 2018 - 01:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pcdead

pcdead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2018 - 07:34 AM

Please help :bubbles:

#3 pcdead

pcdead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:19 AM

Anyone?

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:42 AM

If the voltages being reported were actually occurring, the system would be almost instantly destroyed (24V on the 12V rail, 10V instead of 5V...)

It is possible that a 7 year old PSU may be developing voltage stability problems, but false reporting of surges on ASUS boards has been a recurring problem over the years. Really the best way to be sure would be to find a way to use a known good PSU for long enough to see whether the "surges" still get detected.

If surges are never detected with a different PSU, then it would appear yours does have a problem and should be replaced. If the board still thinks it's getting surges with a good PSU, then it will be the surge detection not working correctly.

In the past, some people who got false indications with a good PSU just turned surge detection off.

However, if the BIOS has never been updated, it is possible that a surge detection issue has been addressed in such an update. It could also relate to why such huge voltage readouts are being shown. If the board still gave false detections with a good PSU, maybe a BIOS update would be worth trying.

Edited by Platypus, 10 July 2018 - 06:47 AM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 pcdead

pcdead
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:47 AM

Thanks for replying last time when started computer,I heard little sound coming from the psu fan later on turn off my computer.I started reading online if its mobo issue or psu to ensure my self removed all ram sticks then mobo beeps 3 times so i think mobo is still fine.Processor still works.

Bios fully updated to latest version.

I replace with New psu then try again.

Thank You

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users