Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Audio and Video stuttering

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GardeeZak

GardeeZak

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:17 AM

Hi

Some PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 1600 6-core

8GB DDR4 RAM

Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB

Biostar B350 GTN Motherboard

I have been having this problem for over 10 months now. While using my PC, video and audio on any app will randomly stutter, weird static/unnatural sounds will come out of my speakers, and the only solution is to restart the PC. Sometimes this occurs as soon as I log into Windows. I've noticed there is lag too when it happens, with the mouse taking longer to move across the screen and apps taking longer to open. \

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and updated all my drivers. From the Chipset to the BIOS to the Audio drivers. Everything is on the latest version. I've tried reinstalling Windows to no avail. I've searched and searched for solutions online with nothing be able to help me.

PLEASE help. It's hugely frustrating to be watching a YouTube video, or a movie on VLC and for this to happen.

Sincerely

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:51 PM

sometime just a basic cleaning of temp folders and a defrag will fix video/audio stuttering.

I use Piriform.com 's ccleaner to do a cleaning (don't use the registry cleaner if you don't know what your doing) and then run a defrag.

if you still have the issue then you may want to do some malware scans with adwcleaner and malwarebytes.

last make sure your codec's for the video/audio players are up to date.

#3 eLPuSHeR

eLPuSHeR

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:01 AM

Maybe a DPC latency issue. You should check your latency. The issue can be difficult to track down though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users