Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB audio drivers crash/freeze when used by 2 or more programs

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 EricRonin

EricRonin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:09 PM

Hi there,

I've been having a strange issue that has only started happening the last week or so. It began when i was streaming one day, and i opened up a game, and after about a minute my audio cut out. I couldn't hear anything, and when i looked at my streaming program it wasn't showing any signals coming from my desktop audio nor my mic. If i disabled and re-enabled the devices (both playback and recording) they would work again, but stop working moments later. I've been able to test this with multiple scenarios. If the game has any built in voice chat system, and i also have something like my streaming application (in this case StreamlabsOBS) or even Discord, then the audio stops working. This only effects my USB audio though, which comes from my Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD. A friend of mine spoke to me that he was having the same issue with his USB headset. However, in both of our cases, the onboard audio of the computer is not effected. 

If anyone else has had this issue please let me know, i'm gonna leave some of my spec info bellow in case that helps too.

Audio Interface: Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD usb interface.

Windows 7

AMD FX-8350

Nvidia GeForce GTX 960

Gigabyte GA-78LMT USB3 Micro ATX motherboard.

Programs/games tested on: Discord, Streamlabs OBS, Ring of Elysium, Warface.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users