Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ANY SEARCH MANAGER

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NCSUwolfie

NCSUwolfie

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:11 PM

HI!

I somehow have gotten this Any Search Manager on my MacBook Air.  I believe I tried to download something sometime back, & this was the unexpected result.  When I open a new tab in Google Chrome, Safari, or Mozilla Firefox, it pops up.  I have managed to follow steps to correct it so that the regular home pages open in Safari & Mozilla Firefox.  I don't know how to fix the home page in Google Chrome.  
Here are the directions:  

a.  Go to 'On Startup' section, click on the "Set Pages" and remove the URL from the Home page

b.  Go to 'Appearance' and remove the URL from the Home page

c.  Go to 'Search' change from the dropdown menu or remove default from the "Manage search engines"

I cannot out figure out where the 'On Startup" section is.  Can you give me some direction as to how to find it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,233 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:52 AM

By the looks of it, it's not a home page setting, it's an add-on. You'll need to remove it from there.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8170413

#3 NCSUwolfie

NCSUwolfie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:48 PM

Thank you for the response!  I did ask another techie, & I received the direction I needed to get rid of the any search manager from Google Chrome.

I read the solutions given in the link that you attached, & they made sense.  I have put them in a file I keep called "Technology Help."  That
way, I can refer to it if I or someone else has a similar problem.

I really appreciate your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users